Braskarne is Marfrig’s private refrigerated cargo terminal. It is strategically located in Itajaí, (Santa Catarina, Brazil), one of the most important ports in Latin America and the second largest container port in Brazil.
Braskarne has a number of differentials:
- It is located only 7.2km from the coast, with easy traffic to the Port of Itajaí and easy access to two main roads (BR-101 and BR-470);
- Situated in a primary area, duly inspected by the customs and authorized for import and export operations, with an internal gate with direct access to the Public Port of Itajaí;
- Break bulk operations expertise;
- The first port terminal in Brazil to employ 100% of the personnel;
- The first refrigerated cargo terminal to be ISO certified;
- The first private cargo terminal to obtain the ISPS Code.
Braskarne was founded in 1990 with the purpose of being used as an internal distribution center and for the storage of cargo for export. In 1999, Baskarne became controlled by Seara Alimentos, and in 2001it was the first refrigerated cargo terminal in Brazil to be ISO 9001 certified. In 2005, a reefer container terminal (Tecon) was inaugurated, an investment that consolidates the company as one of the most important channels of storage and handling goods for export. In 2009, Braskarne was ISO 14001 certified, reaffirming the organization’s commitment to the sustainable development of their business.